WeTek Community Forum

WeOS v1.4 by OTA for WeTek Play 2

12346»

Comments

• looking335looking335 Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Thrall said:

@looking335 what is your location and provider?

Best Regards

Location is South Carolina. I have an antennae I'm using to pull the local channels. Tonight I did a factory reset. After that, I am able to access the guide via the blue button on the remote. Unfortunately I still have duplicate information--i.e. I will see 2 or more channels showing the same channel information. I reconnected my Ematic converter box, as a test, and it shows the correct channel information.
  • leafonthewindleafonthewind Posts: 66WeTek Community Member
    lglz1337 said:

@leafonthewind

yes i did, kodi has 5fps i noticed settings are greyed out when i install kodi, weplayer is also kodi "jarvis" where all settings are available.

Thanks, was'nt aware weplayer was a kodi fork, still considering my OS option before i start delving head first into setting up my weplay......its nice to know these little titbits while going in

So it seems the weplayer/kodi is optimized for the weplay, i have a feeling that the only solution to fixing vanilla kodi is for the kodi dev side to implement them, which im not gonna hold my breath......not because i have no faith in kodi devs, its just that kodi is such a large complicated beast, i dont feel right to ask or expect them to implement this specific thing for a specific device for what might be little gain for them, however much id like them to...........

Are there any limitations weplayer(kodi)......for example, do kodi plugins work on weplayer?

If its a fully functional kodi fork, then im okay with that for now
  • DandroidDandroid Posts: 630WeTek Community Member
    Koying doesn't develop kodi anymore, so you are better using SPMC than Kodi.
    what is different about the new version of 1.4? I see that it has been rebuilt on the 27th of november?

Thanks
  • AeomerAeomer Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Following the update (ONLINE (OTA), all instructions followed to the letter), my Wetek Play 2 initially started rebooting itself every few minutes. After several reboots it lost wired network connectivity and now refused to connect to any wifi network. All was fine before the upgrade!
    I have factory reset the box three times - no joy.

NOTE: my box is clean. I have never added extra apps or Kodi plugins.

I cannot recommend anyone take this upgrade - too buggy.
    If going back to the older firmware does not help, the box will need replacing.
    OTA updates bricked my original Wetek - I don't think you guys do enough testing with boxes that have been used for a while.

EDIT: Flashed back to 1.3 (ATV Build) and everything is working fine.
    OTA Updated to 1.4 again, same problems.
    Back to 1.3 - all okay
    Clean forced install of 1.4 (25th November build), same problems.

I'm now on 1.3 and I'll stay there. 1.4 is just not ready.
  • looking335looking335 Posts: 4WeTek Community Member

Thrall said:

@looking335 what is your location and provider?

Best Regards

Location is South Carolina. I have an antennae I'm using to pull the local channels. Tonight I did a factory reset. After that, I am able to access the guide via the blue button on the remote. Unfortunately I still have duplicate information--i.e. I will see 2 or more channels showing the same channel information. I reconnected my Ematic converter box, as a test, and it shows the correct channel information.
    I tried ricardopvz's custom rom (WeOS 1.3 based) and the duplicate guide information is gone. Pressing the blue button on the remote now brings up the guide, instead of the error message, but it's not the grid view. Still, I can press the right arrow to see the list of programming for each channel. Two more things I noticed:

1. Channels are sorted properly. If I have 50-1, 50-2, 50-3, 50-4, with 1.4, I would have 50-2, 50-3, 50-4, 50-1. With this custom rom, the channels are listed in correct order.
    2. Changing channels via the remote works. With 1.4, it constantly skipped a channel. It was frequent (and irritating) enough where I would use the remote's right arrow, to bring up the list of channels, and "channel surf" that way. With this custom rom, navigating through the channels work.

Still testing but so far, so good.
  • aurenauren Posts: 125WeTek Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Can someone please post a non-Mega link for the WEOS 1.4? The Mega link is so slow on my end.
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    So far better not install v1.4 . I back to v1.3 + fix for some streaming apps like netflix/youtube. It has many bugs like v1.4 but Timeshift on encrypted channels works good, ftp/telnet/samba works good as well , for epg info is small window (like I prefer) :)
    Lol FTP/telnet/samba
  • mrgiggsy11mrgiggsy11 Posts: 254WeTek Community Member

So far better not install v1.4 . I back to v1.3 + fix for some streaming apps like netflix/youtube. It has many bugs like v1.4 but Timeshift on encrypted channels works good, ftp/telnet/samba works good as well , for epg info is small window (like I prefer) :)

I switched back to v 1.3 way more stable, i don't think my self switching to future updates unless it includes a real channel management option!
  • OrishasOrishas Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Will there any Update soon? Unusable without ftp and telnet, i the status bar on top with the clock always pops in

• MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    This week will be 1.5

Best regards

• lordjeelordjee Posts: 14WeTek Community Member

This week will be 1.5

Best regards

very good merci pour l'info
    New update is out?!?!!?!???
    WeOS 2.0
  • ChristianTroyChristianTroy Posts: 1,913WeTek Community Member, Developers
    Xmas present, the post will be ready soon
  • MildecoyMildecoy Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    Thrall said:

Hi @Mildecoy is this issue just occurring after the 1.4? 1.3 was stable?

Which power supply are you using? the original provided in the purchase?
    Can you try with another one? (12v-1.5A)

When it restarts, do you notice any pattern?
    Is it when you are doing something specific? gaming, watching tv, using WMP?

Best Regards

1.3 is stable. 1.4 and 2.0 still have the same behavior of restarting. How the PS may have a problem if 1.3 is stable? When restarting it goes to the same screen over and over. Even if I leave it null it behaves the same. Maybe a ram or rom issue?
  • chorl42achorl42a Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Hi men and women. I have a problema.

I actualiced to versión weos 2.0 and i have much problema and i want install versión 1.4.

who install?.

thanks.
    1.4 is good, no problems, im not updating
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    hi @chorl42a sorry for the late reply, in case you still need the files to downgrade you can follow these instructions

You need to download these files:
    https://mega.nz/#F!FhxFWK4L!eHAcF3eA44bWGcOpUka6qw

Extract it until you get 4 files listed like this (Do not need to be in the same order)

.zip file
    aml_autoscript
    factory_update_param
    recovery

Copy them to a formmated (FAT32) SDcard

After you have copied the files to your SDcard, follow these steps:

Insert the SDcard with the files in your device.
    Power Off your device
    Disconnect your power supply.
    Underneath your Device, you have an update button (Small Hole)
    With the update nail provided in your package, press and hold that update button
    While pressing, connect your power supply
    Keep pressing the button for 10 more seconds.

After the 10 seconds the installation will start automatically.

You can follow this video to help you apply the steps i mentioned above,
    http://tutorials.wetek.com/tutorial/9

Best Regards