WeTek Community Forum

WeOS v3.1 by OTA for WeTek Play 2 [Android Marshmallow 6.0.1]

ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
edited September 2017 in WeTek Builds/ROMs/Updates
Finally, it's here. We're proud to announce the release of Android 6.0.1 for WeTek Play 2.

Another step to improve our WeTek Play 2. This time with Android 6 that brings some new good features and some bug fixes.

To download and apply the update directly from your device, simply access WeUpdate app from My Apps select “On-line Update”.

Or download this file to Local Update:
https://mega.nz/#!N4BTQT7L!r2CTaGnkPjzUfZiScepVMPknchAdhWrcZbQVkQRUn9g

Here are the new features and bug-fixes you will get with the new WeOS 3.1

System:
- Kernel Fixes
- Improved Auto refresh rate system for Kodi
- Multiple external drives compatibility

Apps:
- Added Kodi 17.3
- Aptoide Store updated

WeTV:
- Added XMLTV for Sat
- PG Fixes for ATSC
- Now allows ATSC-T and ATSC-C

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please don't downgrade the device from Android 6 to Android 5!
You'll brick the device!
The system files are different and it will brick the device

Best Regards Wetek Team

Comments

• mrgiggsy11mrgiggsy11 Posts: 254WeTek Community Member
    Thank you for the update, i'll start with the first question?
    Have you add channel managment to WeTV? The much awaited "feature" since September, 2016 (at least for me).
  • steef84steef84 Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Downloading now. Will try
  • zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    So after short test. After choose PCM audio my soundbar is always turning off (spdif connection) . With Spdif is working but on channels with ac3 audio track there is very loud audio and I always prefere PCM with normal audio level on all channels. Sometimes when I open wetv app first channel (FTA) works like in slow motion (after changing on another and back is ok)
  • maijoormaijoor Posts: 57WeTek Community Member
    So far after test nothing new in WeTV same old sh?? No channel management and some channel are in slow motion.

• zbigzbig20zbigzbig20 Posts: 942WeTek Community Member
    Hope it will be fixed soon and also @ricardopvz do some magic for us :-)
  • aguysaguys Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    This update has fixed some annoying bugs I've had (Kodi and Plex streaming), but I'm not able to use Netflix anymore. The Aptoide version gives me an UI-800-3 error, and if I search the app in the Google Play Store, I can't find it.
    Does anyone have the same problem and have found a solution?
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    edited June 2017
    @aguys

Which version of netflix are you using?
    4.0.4 or 2.5.0?
    Have you tried both? (please keep in mind, you cant have tehm both installed at the same time)

@zbigzbig20

What volume setting you have at your wetek play? I ask this because my soundbar keeps shutting down if i have very low volume on wetek ( i control everything with wetek sound, having my soundbar very loud) and when i lower the wetek volume way down, the soundbar shutdown. This happens with everything connected to it, either wetek, cablebox, etc.
    I believe its kind of a safety measure from the soundbar. I havent been able to figure it out completely.

edited June 2017
    @Anima
    I had 4.0.4 build 1716 from Aptoide. I've uninstalled it, but nonetheless I can't find Netflix in the Google Play Store.
    If I try to launch the installation from the browser versio of Google Play, WeTek Play 2 is unselectabile, and it says that the device is not compatible.
    edited June 2017
    @aguys

Please try version 2.5.0 just to see if it is working for you.
    You can find it in the aptoide store

edited June 2017
    @Anima
    Tried both 2.5.0 build 1070 and 2.5.1 build 1072 from Aptoide. Same error. I've tried with my phone and laptop connected to the same wifi connection, and there Netflix works, so I guess it's not a connection related issue.
    I've open a ticket with the support, hope they can help. With the previous os Netflix worked (it stuttered all the time, but worked, and I tried both versions)
  • steef84steef84 Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Netflix here is working as it should. V4.0.4
    @aguys

I've tested over and over netflix in MM, without any similar problem. I'm sure it is some settings that might somehow be causing that.

If you have opened a ticket in support, please refer all info there and wait for their response from e-mail.

• kiesa2kiesa2 Posts: 82WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    New software version and again bugs online streaming in chrome not working please fix.I see black window when start play button.
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    @kiesa2 which streams are giving you problems? Also try to use browser that comes with android instead of chrome.
    Best regards

• bolt12bolt12 Posts: 280WeTek Community Member
    Have you updated to Playready 3? Anyone tested so far?
    edited June 2017
    Yes. With MM playready 3 is now supported on play 2

• kiesa2kiesa2 Posts: 82WeTek Community Member
    Filmux.org and other sites in 2.0.2 streaming works in this site.
  • mancio61mancio61 Posts: 121WeTek Community Member
    Hi guys!
    I successfully updated the wp2 to MM. Some issues during setup because there was no way to do it with the device connected in HDMI passthrough to my AVR ( device cannot be seen on the list of connected devices from the TV menu).
    I had to unplug the cable, and connect the wp2 to the tv excluding the AVR. Then I was able to set the digital audio to HDMi (default was PCM), and so I can come back to original cables configuration.
    All it works good, but I have three issues/questions:

1) Wetek Media Player is dead? There's pre-installed Kodi Krypton and no more. Is it foreseen to update the WMP to Krypton too?

2)I install Netflix from Aptoide (version 2.5). It works well, but still no 5.1 audio and no 4K resolution.... :-(

3) Install finally RaiPlay from Google Play store, but the app crashes (on previous OS version it worked!!!!)

4) WeTV......no improvements to channel management at all.....very very bad... is quite unusable....is there a foreseen update for that app?

Thanks
    Andrea
  • boukheznaboukhezna Posts: 101WeTek Community Member
    WeTV......no improvements to channel management at all.....very very bad
    Hi @mancio61 1) weplayer was created to bring some features that were missing on kodi back then. New version of kodi now have these features so there is no reason to keep both.

2) Does your TV or avr supports 4k?
    For 5.1 audio, download Netflix v4.0.4

3) We have to take a look into this to see what is causing problems.

@boukhezna our team will keep working to improve our we TV features.

Best regards

• monstahnatormonstahnator Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Great news looking forward to test the xmltv for sat part :)
    best regards
  • vallytorvallytor Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    mancio61 said:

3) Install finally RaiPlay from Google Play store, but the app crashes (on previous OS version it worked!!!!)

Andrea

Hello Andrea (@mancio61), as a temporary workaround you can use the Kodi Video Add-On called Rai On Demand, it should have all the contents that are present on RaiPlay and it's also quite handy to use with the Wetek Play 2 Remote.

Valerio
  • kamikazeptkamikazept Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    Where is the option to auto-adjust the refresh rate with the source?

Where is the option to auto-adjust the refresh rate with the source?

Refresh Rate that was placed on video settings no longer exist.
    Refresh rate level is now automatic.

Best Regards

• kamikazeptkamikazept Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    but its not working, i use perfect player to see iptv, and now the refresh rate never change resulting in stuttering video, where in weos 2.0 everithyng was working fine when i select the level 2 option.

Is there any problem in reverting back to weOS 2.0.2?
  • bolt12bolt12 Posts: 280WeTek Community Member
    Have you tested 4k movies in kodi? Do they run smooth?

Is there an settings option to reboot to recovery? Is the common root method still possible?
  • NuxNux Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
    Just upgraded.

Am I going mad or is the VNC server option gone?
    bolt12 said:

Have you tested 4k movies in kodi? Do they run smooth?

Is there a settings option to reboot to recovery? Is the common root method still possible?

They work smooth. Yes.

To reboot to recovery you just need to go to menu
    More
    Storage and Reset
    Reboot to recovery

Best Regards

• mancio61mancio61 Posts: 121WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    @Thrall : of course I have a 4K/HDR Sony TV. By the way using the Netflix app installed on board on TV (AndroidTV based), I can playback 4K movies with 5.1 aiudio (through HDMI ARC).

I know the RaiOnDemand kodi addon but is very primitive conparing to the original Android Rai Play app....
    Nux said:

Just upgraded.

Am I going mad or is the VNC server option gone?

No, you're not going mad, at least for this situation :)

Android MM still does not support VNC. That is why you can't find it.