WeTek Community Forum

wrxtasy's OpenELEC 7.0.1 / Jarvis 16.1 major bug fix release.

wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
edited October 2016 in OpenELEC/LibreELEC (Core)
Hi everyone,

These are my personal compiles of OE. for the WeTek Core that I also distribute for various AML platforms.
Thanks Alex, WeTek and the OpenELEC Team :)

OpenELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi Jarvis 16.1 - New - 07.Oct.16
- A bunch of Jarvis bug fixes and additions like the EPG Search bug and Thumbnail cleaner option
- Fixed the 1080p<<--->> 2160p video playback picture Autosizing display problem.
- Flexible mpeg2/mpeg4 video acceleration options added for problem mpeg2 and xVid/mpeg4 files
- Added excellent quality YADIFx2 full motion deinterlacing to fix Interlaced DVD playback
- You can playback low bitrate 720p 10bit HEVC if you switch amcodec Hardware acceleration off.
- SSH Password changed to "ol", I'm sick to death of typing openelec

OpenELEC-WeTek Core-7.0.1 SD card image HERE
<a href="https://mega.nz/#!y8tz2Q7C!s-LZCknd5JI3eHErIrxBR-rS_u5lNi4qKfUfV0JmehA">OpenELEC-WeTek Core-7.0.1.tar file HERE</a>

=================================================== ================

OpenELEC 6.95.9 / Kodi Jarvis 16.0 RC4 - 20.Jan.16
- Various Kodi fixes - eg TvHeadend blank screen fix
- Bluetooth Pulse Audio added
- A bunch of RPi patches added for Kodi optimisation.
- Tidy up Sysinfo screen.
- Codesnake's bootloader fix.
- Works with WeTek Dual boot :smile:

OpenELEC-WeTek Core-6.95.9 SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-WeTek Core-6.95.9.tar file HERE

OpenELEC 6.95.6 / Kodi Jarvis 16.0 RC1 - 15.Jan.16
- Powerdown and startup OpenELEC from the remote control
- Interlaced mpeg2 .vob files from DVD ISO Rips (movies only) will now play properly
- mpeg4 video content now Hardware decodes.
- Network connectivity fixed by WeTek.
- Browsing into .zip and .rar archives disabled by default for faster file browsing (see Settings > Appearance > File lists)
- Interactive CPU Governor used for improved Kodi Speed !!!!
- and finally Mali GPU video drivers updated for a tear free Kodi GUI, a very, very welcome update ! (Thanks CS) :)

- Current issues, I'm seeing micro judders during playback of some H265 1080p content.

OpenELEC-WeTek Core-6.95.6 SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-WeTek Core-6.95.6.tar file HERE

OpenELEC 6.0.0 / Kodi Isengard 15.2 final - 16.Dec.15
- all pvr clients included, go to Addons > MyAddons > PVR to find them (Same as OE 6.95.5)
- Boost Center Channel Audio Option on Downmixing added, for voice clarity on 5.1 > 2.0 audio systems
- fixed the Power Shutdown Issue
- mpeg4 and .vob patches as per below
- OSD codecs Skips patch
- added an option to turn on/off browsing into .rar .zip etc archives, to speed up browsing large file lists
- 4K video output should work (untested)
- my network connectivity is stable (but it always has been)
- 23Hz Pixel clock Kernel code, that previously was an OE linux patch reverted to improve 24p video sync

OpenELEC-WeTek_Core-6.0.0 SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-WeTek_Core-6.0.0.tar file HERE

Experimental 3D MVC Test Builds - 30.Dec.15
OpenELEC-WeTek_Core-6.0.0.3D.MVC.v3.tar file HERE

Dual Audio Test Versions.
OpenELEC-Odroid-WeTek_Core.6.0.0.Dual.Audio SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-WeTek_Core.6.0.0.Dual.Audio.tar file HERE

Kodi Isengard Dual Audio Support HERE

Newbie Install Instructions HERE

WeTek OpenELEC Tutorials HERE

=================================================== ===================================================

Tested with the very nice Jarvis compatible Skin Eminence 2.0 HERE

TvHeadend Server Update v4.0.7 (install from Zip in Kodi)
TvHeadend Server v4.0.7.zip HERE

Now for some very Cool Censure (thanks to the RPi developer Popcornmix) :)
The ShaderToy Screensaver and Music Visualizer - it really is awesomingly awesome !!
Install from Zip - in the Add-Ons section:
ShaderToy HERE

Kodi Isengard 15.2 Final builds to come.
Enjoy :)

Comments

• wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
    Reserved for discussions, Kodi tips and known problems with OpenELEC:

- Some users are experiencing a lot of Network Connectivity issues with all versions of OpenELEC using the source code and drivers supplied by WeTek's OpenELEC guru - Codesnake.
    WiFi seems to be marginally better than ethernet.

OE 6.95.5 Kodi Jarvis 16.0 beta5 - Test Versions to troubleshoot the issue:
    https://mega.nz/#!7x1nzSLC!hpTB6DpHn...ye3DXYXQsuepm8

- Power > Shutdown causes the Core to reboot, working on it.

Known AMLogic Kodi playback problems:
    - 29.97 VC-1 video will play back with microstutters
    - mpeg2 video contained in .vob files (ie DVD ISO Rips) previously stuttered, I've now used an experimental patch to Software decode this combo. Playback results may vary.
  • rv112rv112 Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    Good work, thanks. Will test it later. Is it possible to change the language?
    Yes I just tried changing to Dutch, and it download some sort of addon and the Language then changes :)
    All the Repo's and Kodi Jarvis Add-ons that have been updated for Jarvis compatibility work.
  • rv112rv112 Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    Language works fine, but I have connection problems as with all OE releases. After some seconds the connection drops :(
    To everyone:
    To help with troubleshooting please provide:

- OpenELEC version number ?
    - WiFi or Ethernet ?
    - DHCP or Static IP selected on the Core ?
    - Brand and Model of connected Networked Router ?

I'm Trying to find a common cause here on what could be causing all these connection issues. I have none with my OpenELEC Jarvis version with my Ethernet setup. DHCP or a Static IP

Also to try is:
    Kodi > Programs > OpenELEC configurator > Network > Wait for network before starting Kodi > Enable
  • micha3008micha3008 Posts: 97WeTek Community Member
    i tried your image. but same network errors :-(
    german Telekom Speedport 921 Router.
    i tried dhcp and static ip. Ethernet. both lost network connection after a short time
    i also tried enable wait for network button. no change
  • Citizen KaneCitizen Kane Posts: 31WeTek Community Member
    I i tried the pvr simpleIPTV client you posted in the other thread but it doesn't work. Couldn't install from zip, installed with cyberduck but had compatibility issues. I'f you made some change in this release i'll gladly give it a try. Thank you for your work
    [USER="12766"]micha3008[/USER]
    [USER="13746"]Citizen Kane[/USER]

Ok test Guinea pigs > Can you test out this OpenELEC 6.0.0 / Kodi 15.2 Final please. It has most of the pvr.clients already included, like. pvr.iptvsimple. etc...
    This is a quick and dirty compile, I'm trying to isolate the Network connectivity problem. This version also works fine here during my brief testing.
    Thanks.

To Manually Update / Downgrade: (basically drop the .tar file in the Update folder and reboot)
    http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Up...ating_OpenELEC

https://mega.nz/#!v1U02JiB!-iy-Xa_94...rpoCDntJHurkqQ
    you forgot something ... without network connection there is no chance to reach the update folder....
    Shutdown the Core, extract the SD card

Unpack the OE 6.0.0 .tar file on a PC and copy from the unpacked directory - OpenELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-6.95.4/target these two files:
    KERNEL
    SYSTEM

Then copy them on to the SD card. Overwriting the ones already on there.

Note: the unpacked version number 6.95.4 on that directory is incorrect, rest assured the correct OpenELEC 6.0.0 Kodi is inside those two KERNEL and SYSTEM files I just mentioned.
    same Network Connection error with this version
    Full OpenELEC 6.0.0 Kodi Final rebuild required then, and if that fails the Firmware guys from WeTek like Codesnake are going to have to get involved.

@Christian Troy, what network fixes were put into the Android update recently, was it a low level Firmware Network driver that was updated ?
  • SaharelSaharel Posts: 8WeTek Community Member
    So at first, network works fine for me but i can't shutdown the CORE from OpenELEC
    ​I use the OpenELEC 6.95.4 / Kodi Jarvis 16.0 Beta4 version from this post above.

If i take shutdown from the menu the CORE reboot.

thx and Happy 3th Adv.....
    same shutdown problem here...
    I i tried the pvr simpleIPTV client you posted in the other thread but it doesn't work. Couldn't install from zip, installed with cyberduck but had compatibility issues. I'f you made some change in this release i'll gladly give it a try. Thank you for your work

Grabbed the pvr.iptvsimple master code this time and did another compile of Jarvis Beta4, the API version mismatch is fixed in this one:
    https://mega.nz/#!P0tRUSbS!D7whRmizejR_dB4EcXX2CBax6QQIyivRzszcEcuLkUA

• avidguyavidguy Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    wrxtasy wrote: »
    Ok test Guinea pigs > Can you test out this OpenELEC 6.0.0 / Kodi 15.2 Final please. It has most of the pvr.clients already included, like. pvr.iptvsimple. etc...
    This is a quick and dirty compile, I'm trying to isolate the Network connectivity problem. This version also works fine here during my brief testing.
    Thanks.

Tested on core and the wired network connectivity problem persists. There is one major improvement tho - the Wifi works! With the original alpha version I was able to see the networks, it started connecting but never managed to connected and get into the ready state. This build connects just fine and I was able to download and install multiple plugins. Great job [USER="13265"]wrxtasy[/USER] ! You are almost there!
    [USER="12766"]micha3008[/USER]
    [USER="13746"]Citizen Kane[/USER]

Thanks.

To Manually Update / Downgrade: (basically drop the .tar file in the Update folder and reboot)
    http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Up...ating_OpenELEC

https://mega.nz/#!v1U02JiB!-iy-Xa_94...rpoCDntJHurkqQ

Works everything i've tried. PVR simpleIPTV works and now i can keep the amcodec on
  • avidguyavidguy Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    On the wifi note - it does work but it does seem to be very inefficient. There is a lot of lag and ping times of 1500 bytes vary between 4ms and 1400ms with an avg of 228ms. The core is 1m from the AP so the signal is not an issue. I also noticed that the box is showing a constant CPU load and the CPU is not correctly indentified in the system info. Hope this helps.
    Tested Jarvis beta 4. New iptv client seems faster. Shutdown problem
    edited October 2016
    @avidguy, Thanks for the Feedback. Aware of the Shutdown issue.

I'm going to pull out all Network changes in the underlying OpenELEC OS code that were added after OpenELEC 6.0.0 to see if that improves networking stabiltiy.
    Its really hit and miss with different connected Routers at the moment.

I really do suspect this is a low level Network driver or Kernel problem that the WeTek guys will have to fix. I think there were similar problem in Android on the Core a while back, (fixed with a Firmware update). This cannot be a coincidence.
  • NE0NE0 Posts: 808WeTek Community Member
    [USER="13265"]wrxtasy[/USER]

I assume it has something to do with parsing the mac address from the u-boot and Alex is also looking into this.

I would just like to suggest to others to enable WiFi for now and connect to the same network simultaneously.
    Thanks, annoying for those affected indeed, they still have Android to play with I suppose.

A little patience is required here too from those affected as a permanent fix will be in the works from Codesnake soon.
    In the mean time I will keep reverting some Networking stuff and come at it from another direction.
    Thanks, annoying for those affected indeed, they still have Android to play with I suppose.

A little patience is required here too from those affected as a permanent fix will be in the works from Codesnake soon.
    In the mean time I will keep reverting some Networking stuff and come at it from another direction.

I'm not having any networking problem (asus ac68, Ethernet ok, Wi-Fi 2.4gh ok), do you think to release a version without shutdown issue in the meanwhile? :)
    Deleted otherwise everyone is going to get confused with what version is what.
    I would give this development version NEO from WeTek has just posted up to test to see if if fixes anything:
    https://mega.nz/#!ZQw1ED7T!cQP7WrgO1...rpwt4Z7F2kKuR0

I cannot test, because I have had no problems with my versions and would not be able to tell the difference anyway. So its up to you CK.
    I'm busy compiling OE 6.0.0 Kodi Isengard 15.2 final at the moment.

Tried. His version has no shutdown problem but no simpleiptv... I asked him to release the addon if possible.
  • MilkadoMilkado Posts: 42WeTek Community Member
    Sorry to say that still the same network issue with last NEO version.
    No option to access to any addon installation or my LAN
    Tried. His version has no shutdown problem but no simpleiptv... I asked him to release the addon if possible.

Go back to the OE 6.95.5 I've released then for IPTV if it gave you no Network connection issues. Sorry I got you mixed up with micha3008 who had the Network issues.

===================

Has anyone had a chance to give this test release a go ?
    I snuck it into test Page #2 of this thread and forgot to tell anyone. I reverted a bunch of new Network updates packages.

Only for those with Networking problems

https://mega.nz/#!7x1nzSLC!hpTB6DpHn...ye3DXYXQsuepm8
    should I test this if the network is ok... citizen ask things so i don't know who have to test the image

Gesendet von meinem H60-L04 mit Tapatalk

If your Networking is Ok stick with that version and do not bother testing.
    sorry I wrote Censure things.. my network is not ok.. so i think i should test your new version...?.

Gesendet von meinem H60-L04 mit Tapatalk