WeTek Community Forum

[ROM] [WeOS 1.3 BASED] Android TV v1.1

Comments

• ricardopvzricardopvz Posts: 467Developers

@ricardopvz i´ve been using your ROM since day one without big issues. But there is one thing that is annoying me and i don´t know if it is related to the ROM:
    After some hours working (about almost a day) the box is having some internet issues. If i go to the youtube app it won´t stream videos saying it is having connection problems, if i make a speedtest it give me at the beginning the full throttle but on the next second the speed drops down to minimum, although the internet connection (tried wifi and by cable) seems connected and fine. Only after a reboot everything works (youtube and speedtest are flawless at maximum). So to resolve this issue i sheduled a daily reboot at 6AM but sometimes i have to manually reboot evenso.

Now my question, how can i catch this issue on logcat to discover the culpit?? So you could look into it...
    Any advice?

Other than that, this ROM rocks!!

That is weird. Did you have those problems in stock? I've changed nothing related to network.
    2Old2Slow said:

Any ETA yet on an update to allow TVHeadend to be loaded on the version 2 hardware?

Unfortunately, no. Either I need to get my hands on a v2 Play 2 or new kernel sources, and both didn't happen yet.
    But wait a bit longer, I will have it working.
  • blamasterblamaster Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2017

That seems to be a Kodi problem. Have you tried it in stock ROM?

Hi,

i tried the stock Rom WeOS v2.0.2 today. With stock ROM Dolby Atmos and Dolby True HD are working fine on both WetekPlayer and Kodi 17. (The other tested audio formats as well)

So it seems with the WeOS v2.0.2 really all audio formats are passed fine but the overall performance of the WeOS is really not satisfying and i prefer the Android TV launcher over the WeOS one.

It would be really amazing if we could get the True HD and Atmos working on your ATV version too.

If i can help you with testing or logs just ask :) I already tried to do a logcat while playing the True HD files on the WeOS rom but cant access the telnet server with WeOS v2.0.2.

• goujamgoujam Posts: 177WeTek Community Member
    @blamaster i use the ATV ROM and have true HD working i don't have a atmos receiver so atmos is displayed as true HD as well
    @goujam strange do you use the latest ATM ROM V1.1 and which Media Player do you use to get the True HD sound ?

I tried it with two different AVRs (Onkyo and Denon) and same behaviour on both of them no True HD or Atmos. The hdmi cable cant be the problem because it works with the WeOS ROM.

Maybe the problem is with the Dolby files itself ? I use test files from the Kodi website:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

For Atmos: http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-trailers/?file=dolby_amaze_lossless-DWEU.m2ts&pic=dolby_amaze.jpg
    For True-HD: http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-trailers/?file=dolby_truehd_channel_check_lossless-DWEU.mkv&pic=dolby_truehd_channel_check_lossless.jpg
    @blamaster yeah latest ATV ROM using both KODI 17 and spmc. I'll double check later but I'm sure i checked last week after updating to latest KODI
    @ricardopvz

I found how to get the logcat on both WeOS and your ATV ROM.

Both logcats are made while playing the same Dolby True HD 5.1 file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxFVkl63-lETFVpOWRVVGNfeEU/view?usp=sharing

Here is the log from the latest WeOS ROM with working passthrough:
    http://pastebin.com/gBS8E4HD

Here the log from the latest ATV ROM with broken passthrough:
    http://pastebin.com/KnjM4qh8
    blamaster said:

@ricardopvz

I found how to get the logcat on both WeOS and your ATV ROM.

Both logcats are made while playing the same Dolby True HD 5.1 file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxFVkl63-lETFVpOWRVVGNfeEU/view?usp=sharing

Here is the log from the latest WeOS ROM with working passthrough:
    http://pastebin.com/gBS8E4HD

Here the log from the latest ATV ROM with broken passthrough:
    http://pastebin.com/KnjM4qh8

There is definitely a difference, but I don't know why it is happening. None of my audio modifications are being used in that case. Did you try it on WeOS 2.0.2 or 1.3? Maybe they fixed something and it works on 2.0.2 but not on 1.3 (on which this ROM is based)
  • QuetzalcoatsyQuetzalcoatsy Posts: 6WeTek Community Member

Not sure if this is related to the ROM at all, but is anyone else having problems with Netflix? Every single title will play for a couple of seconds, then pull up an error screen with 'We're have trouble playing this title at the moment' etc and error code 'aip-703'?

Just to return to this, as I finally realised the problem and fixed it (in case it helps anyone else). In the end, I checked the DRM Info app and realised Widevine was showing as unsupported.

I was worried that I'd somehow mucked up the DRM keys, but it turns out just to have been a dodgy/crappy HDMI cable. I swapped it out for another, HDCP and Widevine are back to normal and Netflix works again!

• paulsobralpaulsobral Posts: 81WeTek Community Member
    Hi.
    Is anyone using this air mouse with keyboard and audio mode on this ROM?
    http://www.riitek.com/product/i25a.html - Rii i25A

Does the voice search works?
    Thanks
    @ricardopvz the latest live channels update 3.1 is having problems on my wetek play 2. The latest keeps crashing on AAC audio. Do you know if the later versions of weos have updated the codecs?
  • turboelvisturboelvis Posts: 88WeTek Community Member
    Ritek i25a works well have never tried the voice search

Ritek i25a works well have never tried the voice search

Could you please make a voice search test to verify if it works, so i would buy it for me?!
    Thank you for your feedback. Appreciate it..

Cheers
    Tbh I'am not sure how it actually works . I don't think it said on the instructions.

Tbh I'am not sure how it actually works . I don't think it said on the instructions.

Just go to main AndroidTV menu and go up with the remote buttons and when it highlights the "search" bar it appears an microfone and here you just talk something for searching (ex: movie title...)
    I guess this is it, but if someone can give us some instructions here..

Just try it please!
    Thank you
    edited March 2017
    @paulsobral The voice search should work assuming the remote presents as a audio input source to the box. A normal USB mic does work with voice search as it says in the main post "Voice search works with usb mic's and the Android TV remote app"

@goujam Do you mean the TvHeadend app or the Live Channels app itself? Because the Live Channels app doesn't have any impact on the audio, the Tvheadend one does. But if you're refering to the Tvheadend one, then the problem is in the app and not in the ROM. I know it had some changes in it that would indeed break AAC audio due to bad decoder configuration.
    edited March 2017
    @ricardopvz the live channels app. In version 3.1kiall changed the ffmpeg decoding to the players internal decoding. As soon as this happened live channels stopped working. Looking at the logs it looks like adts was causing the issue with AAC. Apparently this was a problem in android 4.1 but should have been fixed in android 5. So the suggestion is wetek maybe using old audio codecs.

Kiall has since changed the audio back in 3.2 to select ffmpeg decoding first. Then an option to turn it off, this allows pass though audio.

There is more information in the beta community on google+
    edited March 2017
    goujam said:

@ricardopvz the live channels app. In version 3.1kiall changed the ffmpeg decoding to the players internal decoding. As soon as this happened live channels stopped working. Looking at the logs it looks like adts was causing the issue with AAC. Apparently this was a problem in android 4.1 but should have been fixed in android 5. So the suggestion is wetek maybe using old audio codecs.

Kiall has since changed the audio back in 3.2 to select ffmpeg decoding first. Then an option to turn it off, this allows pass though audio.

There is more information in the beta community on google+

@goujam
    That's the Tvheadend app, not Live Channels. Live Channels is from Google.

Wetek is using the platform audio codecs from google, so no old audio codec.
    I can make AAC work, it is just a configuration that kiall is not making in the code.

Check this: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/av/+/master/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacdec/SoftAAC2.cpp#782
    There it says that a configuration might be needed for AAC+ (aka HE-AAC which DVB uses) for it to work.
    edited March 2017
    @ricardopvz thanks for the information! I was getting confused and thought you meant tvheadend server. I've passed on your information to kiall hopefully it can added to the code
    paulsobral i don't have the "a" model mine is the Rii i25 so there is no mic built in.
  • FFLifeFFLife Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Does the webinterface work on this rom aswell ?

I tried ip:8008 and ip:8080 . It's a no go

Edit:
    Using batch #2 , so not using tvheadend, just this rom straight of
    edited March 2017
    @FFLife Read the main post
    WeTv web interface is on port 8181 to not interfere with SPMC Android TV integration (check more about that here)
  • FFLifeFFLife Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Ty @ricardopvz Dunno how I missed that one.
    U know what streamport is used aswell ?

Been using enigma-tv.com software on my enigmabox to stream to my phone/tablet. Thought I would try the same on this box if u don't have a better suggestion
    Bit of a weird one my refresh rate keeps changing when the box is turned off for a while. I have it set to 1080p 50hz it keeps switching to 1080p 60hz it causes problems with live channels. Anyone know a fix for this, it's started happening last week by the way
  • medulinmedulin Posts: 63WeTek Community Member
    goujam said:

Bit of a weird one my refresh rate keeps changing when the box is turned off for a while. I have it set to 1080p 50hz it keeps switching to 1080p 60hz it causes problems with live channels. Anyone know a fix for this, it's started happening last week by the way

do you see blank screen for 2 or 3 seconds?
    FFLife said:

Ty @ricardopvz Dunno how I missed that one.

U know what streamport is used aswell ?

Been using enigma-tv.com software on my enigmabox to stream to my phone/tablet. Thought I would try the same on this box if u don't have a better suggestion

The stream port is the default one, but I wouldn't rely on it.
    @medulin i do get a blanc screen sometimes it stays blanc forever and i have to press home to get to the main screen. I've reported the blanc screen on the tvheadend live channels page as it started last week pretty much the same time my refresh rate change started
  • medulinmedulin Posts: 63WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2017
    @goujam please read my discussion about blank screens and reply if your problem is similar, since support believe I'm the only one with blank screens (I have blank screens on 2.02v WeOS)
    link to my discussion:
    http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/29475/wetv-problem-random-blank-screen#latest
    medulin said:

@goujam please read my discussion about blank screens and reply if your problem is similar, since support believe I'm the only one with blank screens (I have blank screens on 2.02v WeOS)
    link to my discussion:
    http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/29475/wetv-problem-random-blank-screen#latest

@medulin No mine is different to this. When I get a blank screen it stays blank I have to press the home button to get back to the wetek main screen. Correcting the refresh rate sorts this but it goes back to the wrong refresh rate after the box is turned off then back on.

• logremontelogremonte Posts: 19WeTek Community Member
    I use WeTV (it's better) how to change the font size because it is too large and the OSD looks strange, I will add the font change in configuration nothing gives, thank you for the answer
  • bolt12bolt12 Posts: 280WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2017

@paulsobral The voice search should work assuming the remote presents as a audio input source to the box. A normal USB mic does work with voice search as it says in the main post "Voice search works with usb mic's and the Android TV remote app"

Do you know whether an USB microphone can be used also for Skype/whatsapp or voip calls? Do I need a special configuration?