WeTek Community Forum

Youtube aspect ratio issue

BitboyBitboy Posts: 16WeTek Community Member
Hi everyone,
recently i've upgraded my play 2 to the most recent version.
I installed youtube for android TV from the aptoide store.
Now i notice that around half of the videos on youtube only uses like half of the screen (it looks even smaller than 4:3 ratio).
Sometimes its gets back to fullscreen if i switch the quality but there no fixed setting where i can say it works or not.
This happens for example on video EEVblog #962.
I cannot remember that something like this happened with the android version which was delivered with the play 2.

anyone else with this issue? Is there a workaround or a fix?
I think i already tried the original youtube app and it didn't happen there but i like the usability of youtube for TV.
Greets

Comments

• amongbiffamongbiff Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Bitboy said:

Hi everyone,
    recently i've upgraded my play 2 to the most recent version.
    I installed youtube for android TV from the aptoide store.
    Now i notice that around half of the videos on youtube only uses like half of the screen (it looks even smaller than 4:3 ratio).
    Sometimes its gets back to fullscreen if i switch the quality but there no fixed setting where i can say it works or not. Update Happy Wheels apk online.
    This happens for example on video EEVblog #962.
    I cannot remember that something like this happened with the android version which was delivered with the play 2.

anyone else with this issue? Is there a workaround or a fix?
    I think i already tried the original youtube app and it didn't happen there but i like the usability of youtube for TV.
    Greets

Read this article: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6375112
  • BitboyBitboy Posts: 16WeTek Community Member
    This article is about uploading videos to youtube. Not sure how it could help me. As said, switching back and forth the quality sometimes fixes this issue. So i don't think it is the video itself that causes wrong aspect ratio.