WeTek Community Forum

Killed my wetek play

riley37riley37 Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
Hi all I was running openelec 15.2 on the wetek play I tried updating to android used tooth pick got to the set up screen and tried to install the adb file this took off all the kodi info from the band I have then downloaded a android file put it on sd card used tooth pick it finds the file but will not install can some one point me in the direction for the correct openelec file as I have tried about 3 with no luck sd card is formatted to fat 32 I will even reinstall 15.2 if that works

Comments

• AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hi

First things first :)
    Do you have a Wetek Play? or a WeTek Core (this is posted on a WeTek Core sub-section)

Which file did you use to install Android?
    If the Android worked OK when tried the first time, what made you switch back?

Have you tried installing the latest Libreelec instead of the Openelec?

• riley37riley37 Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    Hi sorry it's a wetek play I have never had android installed it came with openelec on the nand I tried to install android that when I had the issue as installed the abd file
    Hello

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean.
    What were you trying to install when the system went bad?

Have you tried installing Android again and not install whatever you were installing to see if it works?

Hello

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean.
    What were you trying to install when the system went bad?

Have you tried installing Android again and not install whatever you were installing to see if it works?

• riley37riley37 Posts: 11WeTek Community Member
    I was trying to install android I have tried again with no success I will reinstall openelec but need a file please ?
    Just install the latest Libreelec instead.
    You can download it from their download page:
    http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-8.2.5.zip