WeTek Community Forum

Wetek Play freezing

rizzitellirizzitelli Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
My Wetek play started to freeze all of the sudden. Change of Firmware doesnt help, tried all platforms already, no changes. I can only use the arrow on the remote , all other buttons on the remote are delayed by about min 7 seconds

Comments

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    Hi @rizzitelli
    Just to avoid confusion about the problem, the device does not really freeze but the communication between the remote controller and the device suddenly started to be heavily delead correct?

Let's try to see if it is something with the remote or the device.
    If you connect a USB or BT mouse/keyboard, does it works well?

If you're using a WeTek Play 1! (Do not attempt it on other models)

try to remove the USB dongle inside the device. Connect the dongle to a PC, use the volume keys for example, and see if the delay persists, or it works well on the PC
    http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/6274/tutorial-how-to-remove-rf-unit-from-wetek/p1

Best Regards

• rizzitellirizzitelli Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Thank you, yes the mouse works on the Wetek Play. I haven´t had time to open the box yet. The problem will be to get one of those dongles I guess?
    Well, it seems the problem can be the RF Dongle or the Remote.
    Is the device still under warranty? If yes you can send it for repair.

Best Regards

I live in Africa, too difficult I guess
    I cant even find an online shop for Wetek parts :(
    I believe the best option is indeed to send the device to warranty. In case the device is no longer under warranty, it gets more complicated as repairs made out of warranty period are charged.

Best Regards