WeTek Community Forum

Netflix: Error 5.2, WeOS3.2

2»

Comments

• AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    If the situation is happening all the time, a factory reset could help.
    Because that is not a situation the I see happening a lot of times, if not the first time.
    Let me know if after the factory reset the problem persists.

• supermantorrassupermantorras Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    Yes, I think I shall try that procedure. Since I've never done it before, can you tell me how it's done or in which topic it's explained?

Thanks
    You can go to settings - Storage and reset - factory reset.

• nl09242nl09242 Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
    I noticed the same issue.
    When the error appeared I checked the "HDCP Level" in the DRM Info app. At that moment is showed "Unsupported". I switched off/on the Monitor/TV. Then I saw the same HDCP Level in the DRM Info app as HDCP-2.2. After that Netflix was working without any issue.

It looks for me when the wetek box is rebooted, the HDCP handshake is not correct causing Netflix to produce this error. Switching off/on the Monitor/TV was forcing the HDCP handshake again.

Hi @supermantorras

If your problem with Netflix is "only" that, then I believe it should not be related to the WeTek.
    As I never saw similar reactions. However, you can perform a factory reset just to be sure.
    Follow the steps mentioned here: https://support.wetek.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001062189-How-to-make-a-factory-reset-

• supermantorrassupermantorras Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    @Anima

Thanks. Since the problem still exists, can you tell me which firmware will be installed in the box? Should i download a fw of my choosing to be able to install it, or should i rely on the one that will be installed when i hit the factory reset?
    If you are only factory resetting your device there will be no installation needed.
    It will simply delete all data and install automatically the version you have installed at the moment.
    So no need for you to do it afterwards

• gabrielparaisogabrielparaiso Posts: 19WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Anything new about this bug?
    Is there any way to put netflix operational (the TV version, of course)?
  • pschupschu Posts: 39WeTek Community Member
    jpichie said:

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/30398/rom-play-2-marshmallow-android-tv-v2-3
    This solves any netflix issues, and also solved my problem with Kodi and 1080p 10bit HEVC

Even this ROM did not solve my Netflix issues.
    - The ATV version throws an Netflix error NW-6-404
    - All other Versions from Aptoide did not work either.

Flashed back to WeOS 3.2
    - 4.16.1 200147: Error 15003
    - 5.3.1: user / password not recognized
    - 5.11.x user / password not recognized

Then updated Android "android system web view" through Google Play store.
    Problems still persist.

Installed App DRM Info, I am at HDCP level 1.x -> is that a problem?

I was even in touch with Netflix support, the guy gave me a link to the supported devices, Wetek is not mentioned anymore.

Any solution, anyone? I also appreciate a PM if it is a "non public" solution.
  • pschupschu Posts: 39WeTek Community Member
    Question to mod: why can't a normal user not edit his post for more than 6 minutes? This would potentially safe space and increasy readability.

Addition to my above post:
    This site lists apks for non certified devices, which obviously now applies to all Wetek devices:
    https://androidpctv.com/netflix-device-compatible-version-root-bootloader-fix/

I installed v 6.22 listed on the site, it works, although in SD quality.
    This is not the package I bought Wetek! The Play 2 was advertized as Netflix HD certified!