WeTek Community Forum

installing Libreelec on NAND

samqasamqa Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
Hello
so I got microSD , formatted to FAT32 , followed the instruction in Libreelec website and moved libreelec to the root of microSD

everytime I power on the Core and press and hold the update button I get to the recovery mode and not getting Libreelec installation to start.

any help please.

Comments

• codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    @samqa What files do you have on your sdcard?
  • samqasamqa Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    @codesnake

I got 3 files : recovery.img , factory_update_param.aml , LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-8.1.1-update.zip
    Make sure the update button on the bottom of your Core is already pressed when you power on the device and you hold it long enough.
    edited September 2017
    @codesnake I tried more than 10+ times and everytime I get the recovery screen

this is a screenshot :

and just to make sure , the hole circled in red is the update button right ? :
    Yes, it is the update button. Can you please show me the contents of your factory_update_param.aml?
    @codesnake the content of the file is :
    --update_package=/sdcard/LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-8.1.1-update.zip
    --wipe_data
    --wipe_cache

I tried removing the last 2 lines as I saw someone suggested this in LE forum but without luck
    You can try to start the update manually by selecting Apply update from EXT->Update from sdcard.

WARNING: By installing wrong update into NAND you can brick your device, so do that on your own risk.
    edited September 2017
    @codesnake you mean to choose Apply update from EXT in the recovery mode right ?
    when I choose this I don't get the 3 files showing in the list , but I get this

I just remembered that I formatted the microsd using my Mac , Using terminal and Paragon NTFS for Mac 15 app , maybe to try to format the microsd on bootcamp Windows 10 to be sure the issue is not from the microsd ?
    Looks like recovery cannot read the sdcard. Try to format it with different tool.
    @codesnake after reformatting on Windows 10 , the Wetek finally detected the microsd and the install completed fine , but now when I boot all I get is a black screen , I'll try to play with this tomorrow and maybe get a better results , thank you for your support.
    @codesnake removing --wipe_data --wipe_cache from factory_update_param.aml file solved the black screen problem , thanks again :)
    Try to eject the sdcard, and enter recovery again, then do factory reset from there.
    @codesnake problem solved thanks , btw I know LE on Core use hotplug , but does having cpu1 on 100% at boot is normal ?
    How do you check the CPU load?
    in System Information - Summary , at the bottom there is System CPU usage , anyway it seems to be back to normal now.
    That info screen is not a very good measure for CPU load, because it needs a lot of CPU time just to update itself on the screen. You will get more accurate results using SSH and top command.
    thank you for your help , much appreciated
  • musicadimusicadi Posts: 80WeTek Community Member
    Hi,

Just noting that I succesfully installed LibreELEC 8.2.0 to NAND by removing these last 2 lines ftom factory_update_param.aml

--wipe_data
    --wipe_cache

Installation was failing with these 2 lines in the file