WeTek Community Forum

LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.0.2

ViStrychnineViStrychnine Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
Has anyone tried out the new LibreELEC v8.0.2 on their Core yet? I was wondering if the hotplug governor slow down issue ever got fixed in the official build.

Comments

• warwickmmwarwickmm Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    edited May 2017
    v8.0.2 uses the hotplug governor by default and the slow down issue should be fixed. B)
  • BarryBarry Posts: 26WeTek Community Member
    Thanks Warwickmm, good to know, going to update tomorrow.
  • ViStrychnineViStrychnine Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    @warwickmm Thanks!!!!
  • ronneyronney Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    Updated to 8.02 and the slow down issue is fixed.
  • Wink_DinkersonWink_Dinkerson Posts: 64WeTek Community Member
    I updated yesterday, but still having issues using the "back" and RW/FF.
    When the back, rw, or ff is used, the Core will freeze.
  • jamesdmjamesdm Posts: 21WeTek Community Member
    edited May 2017

I updated yesterday, but still having issues using the "back" and RW/FF.
    When the back, rw, or ff is used, the Core will freeze.

That's not all after a time there's a big delay to play files (from when you select ej. any episode and the playback start).
    Also I experience some random freezes here that there.
    It's getting better but still need some more work.
    The work they are doing is very much appreciated.
    edited May 2017
    If the problems are reproducible, it would be really helpful to the devs if you can provide a bug report with logs:

How to enable debug logging
    How to provide bug-reports
    Bug Report Forum

• Wink_DinkersonWink_Dinkerson Posts: 64WeTek Community Member
    @warwickmm
    Thanks for the links.
    I haven't done bug reporting in months, and my old mind fails to hold a thought at times.
    I will "enable" and provide reports.
  • snatchmosnatchmo Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Did the button mapping change? Just updated to 8.0.2 and when pressing "ok" on the remote it will pause instead of activating the menu on the top while watching a video.. is that intented? And if so, how can I access the top menu now?

EDIT: I did use The Keymapper add-on to re-assign the button back, which worked. But anyhow wondering if the new button mapping was intented...
    snatchmo said:

Did the button mapping change? Just updated to 8.0.2 and when pressing "ok" on the remote it will pause instead of activating the menu on the top while watching a video.. is that intented? And if so, how can I access the top menu now?

EDIT: I did use The Keymapper add-on to re-assign the button back, which worked. But anyhow wondering if the new button mapping was intented...

Holding down the "ok" button should bring up the menu with the player controls. I believe this change was made in 8.0.

• snatchmosnatchmo Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Thx for the hint.
    Two other problems I couldn't resolve with this update. These problems happened as well on my old 7.x (Jarvis) build:
    1.After booting, it happens that I can't access any Add-On. It will just freeze in the loading screen. I can return and cancel the Add-On boot, but it won't run any Add-On. I need to restart the Core several times until it is working.
    2. When Customizing Aeon Nox main menu, it won't save recent changes. Eg, customize 1 was mapped to open SALTS. I wanted to change it to Exodus. After rebooting it shows SALTS again..

Couldn't find sth in the forum, are these issues known and probably already fixed with a workaround?
    Thx Guss!
  • javynjavyn Posts: 18WeTek Community Member
    What is the hotplug governor issue? Is it the GUI slowing down after idle? Because I have that issue now.