WeTek Community Forum

[ROM] [Hub] [Marshmallow] Android TV v2.4.1

Comments

• musicadimusicadi Posts: 80WeTek Community Member
    @ricardopvz Hi there, could you maybe build a ROM for the Core? Would that work?!

Thank you!
  • effegi111effegi111 Posts: 8WeTek Community Member
    Hello,

Great work. There was a beatiful link explaining how to install (something like wiki), but it seems I cannot find it anymore. Any help?
    Also is there a way to update not losing personal settings?

Regards
  • B8350B8350 Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
    @effegi111

Yes. I just did it yesterday - place zip on sdcard, boot into recovery, then install update - bingo - all settings preserved.
  • johnlrose1979johnlrose1979 Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    I just left this Rom and went to Libreelec and 2 days later there is an update...I wonder if there is a fix for what was happening to me. I did have the youtube problems but that sounds like it is fixed, but I also had other problems the worst was that after watching a show or movie on kodi sometimes randomly my tv would go to static, only way to fix was to pull HDMI then plug back in. Then I was also getting random reboots, so far on Libreelec I have had none. Can I run this from sdcard?
  • johnlrose1979johnlrose1979 Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    I just left this Rom and went to Libreelec and 2 days later there is an update...I wonder if there is a fix for what was happening to me. I did have the youtube problems but that sounds like it is fixed, but I also had other problems the worst was that after watching a show or movie on kodi sometimes randomly my tv would go to static, only way to fix was to pull HDMI then plug back in. Then I was also getting random reboots, so far on Libreelec I have had none. Can I run this from sdcard?
  • essekiesseki Posts: 8WeTek Community Member
    Hi @CyberJacob and @bruno60,

Having a bit of trouble after installing the latest update. If the system is left on but the TV is switched off (on a TV without CEC) the system goes back to the loading screen (4 moving dots) after being left for a while. The same thing happens if the system boots while the TV is turned off.

Any suggestions?

bruno60 said:

null

I have the same problem pointed out by CyberJacob. The hub apparently restarts, with the android logo animation, if the tv set is switched off or even if you switch tv input from hdmi to tv antenna. Sometime, after the boot, the hub goes through the very annoying "optimizing applications", symptom of something bad during shutdown or boot.

I have CEC disabled in android settings.

Any idea how to stop this?

I am encountering the exact same issue with my Hub and Ricardo's ATV ROM. The Hub going to shutdown after a while. When I restart it, I have to wait for a while that apps optimization ends.

I am desperately searching for a solution to this annoying issue. Tried a few thing on my side with no result. Found few others in the forum reporting the same issue but nobody seem to have shared a solution at this point.
    I was hoping you might have fixed it.

Thank you all for your help.
  • TheodorTheodor Posts: 126WeTek Community Member
    Problems with netflix latest ricardo's rom hdmi pastrough 5.1 dropping sound after 10 min no more sound,all cec disabled and netflix freezing hard reboot.
    Downloaded a new image,fresh install all ok now (maybe corrupt image the first one)
    No not ok after 15 min netflix no more sound and freezing picture,help please
    After replacing the hdmi cable no succes sound stops and the picture is going 480p,just like android netflix.
    Power off is not working,going in to reboot.
    Must do a hard reset.
    Back to WeTek Hub Android TV 2.3 netflix is working normal so there is a big bug in android TV2.4
    Seems i am the only one........
  • giuseppesenesegiuseppesenese Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    edited November 2017
    @Theodor
    same problem..
  • B8350B8350 Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
    Theodor said:

Are you accessing Netflix outside your region?
    B8350 said:

Theodor said:

Are you accessing Netflix outside your region?
    Nope...
    Maybe Ricardo can take a look in to this...
  • JanJan Posts: 21WeTek Community Member
    same problem with me. I had problems with Netflix using v2.3 and hoped to solve it by upgrading to v2.4. Initially fine, but indeed after 10 minutes or so no more sound and Netflix becomes uncontrollable. Slow or no response to remote. Then same notification as in v2.3 appears: 'Netflix is not responding'. Any suggestions?
    4.2.1 build 1804 Netflix ATV version is working for me now...happy
    Hi Theodor,

the version of Netflix that came with the ATV 2.4 ROM is 4.0.4 build 1716. In the Aptoid TV store I see version 4.16.1 of Netflix, but I guess that's the regular version and not the ATV version. The icon should be red text on white background, right? How do you properly update the Netflix version in ATV?
    thanks for the URL but how do I install this on the ATV of the Hub? After all, it's not in the Aptoid ..
    OK, solved. I just found out about using the file manager for this.
    Nice enjoy netflix,my wife is also happy again.
    No not happy,the divece keeps rebooting when i press shut down pffffff
    Clean install 2.4 ,shutting down works,but after yousing youtube shutting down does not work anymore.
    Always reboots.
  • aurenauren Posts: 125WeTek Community Member
    @Theodor Is Netflix working for your Hub now? 4K or Full HD? I'm having similar problems. Netflix freezing and Hub is so unresponsive that I have to unplug it.
    ok again clean install,but for now i did not update the playstore,downloaded netflix works fine tested 4 hours 1080 and 5.1 sound..
    So whatever you do dont update the playstore,it wil make your system broken.
    @B8350 Thanks!
    edited November 2017
    I finally updated because I was having issues with netflix, but also with 2.4 I get an nw-6-404 error in netflix! Any advice?
    After installig the rom factory reset/wipe chache??