WeTek Community Forum

[ROM] [Hub] [Marshmallow] Android TV v2.4.1

Comments

• rodakrodak Posts: 49WeTek Community Member
    @nexius already donated a nice amount when the first version was released. Thanks anyway.
  • lorifelorife Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    Hello,
    I think I might have found a bug on 2.2 don't know if you already fixed it.
    If I turn off the hub after using kodi, then turn it on and start a 10 bit movie h265 using passthrough with a Yamaha dolby the sound stutter every tot seconds. If I exit kodi and open if again it works.
    Any ideas?

Thank you for your amazing work.
  • ricardopvzricardopvz Posts: 467Developers
    lorife said:

Hello,

If I turn off the hub after using kodi, then turn it on and start a 10 bit movie h265 using passthrough with a Yamaha dolby the sound stutter every tot seconds. If I exit kodi and open if again it works.

Any ideas?

I did change the way audio and passthrough works on V2.3 (part of the AV sync improvement). Maybe I fixed that, maybe not.

lorife said:

Hello,

Any ideas?

I did change the way audio and passthrough works on V2.3 (part of the AV sync improvement). Maybe I fixed that, maybe not.
    thank you for your answer. I will keep you updated!
    wrxtasy said:

jambam said:

And Amazon Prime pls

Ha ha...
    Have you Sacrificed a Goat/Cow/Chicken on the steps of Amazon HQ yet for that ? ;)

Amazon keep complete control over which hardware devices they even allow Amazon (Prime) Video to work properly on. Anything AMLogic like the Hub / Play2 is not allowed by them for reliable video streaming.

Using the stock firmware I did use amazon video with no problems.
    I haven't tried on this firmware though..
    lorife said:

what do you think about this?
    https://technofizi.net/how-to-increase-ram-in-android-mobile-phone-using-sd-card/

Could it be a good idea to try and increase the RAM with the SD card?

p.s. thank you for your hard work, it's amazing!

I was wondering if anyone have an idea on this procedure. is it really useful?

• ricardopvzricardopvz Posts: 467Developers
    lorife said:

lorife said:

what do you think about this?
    https://technofizi.net/how-to-increase-ram-in-android-mobile-phone-using-sd-card/

Could it be a good idea to try and increase the RAM with the SD card?

p.s. thank you for your hard work, it's amazing!

I was wondering if anyone have an idea on this procedure. is it really useful?

The only thing it will allow you is to have more apps opened at the same time. But it might hurt perfomance.
  • CyberJacobCyberJacob Posts: 29WeTek Community Member
    Nice work on getting Netflix fixed so quickly!

Is it possible to disable CEC completely? I'd like the Hub to remain on when my TV turns off, but the TV is putting the Hub into standby when it switches off. I know this used to be done via /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config, but that doesn't appear to be there on the latest versions.
  • TheodorTheodor Posts: 126WeTek Community Member
    Fast forward in netflix freezes the hub,hard reset required.
  • martijn@madeo.nlmartijn@madeo.nl Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2017
    mistake
  • tinus82tinus82 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Forgive my ignorance for maybe some Censure questions ;).

At this point I have a Kodi setup at home, primarily for movies and LiveTV, and I have an Apple TV3 for Netflix. The kodi device (an old ZBOX mini PC) is dying, so on a trip to the US I got myself a MiBox for combining the kodi and Netflix capabilities.

I did not really take into account the importance of proper deinterlacing capabilities, which is quite painful to watch now with the MiBox.

I've read on the internet that the S905 would do proper deinterlacing with LibreElec, most of the Android S905 boxes that come with Android (not TV), won't do this properly. Would THIS firmware make any difference? Android TV does not do proper deinterlacing on the MiBox, but is that different on the Wetek, or am still required to go to LibreElec? And if so, can I dual boot LibreElec with Android TV?
  • wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
    edited September 2017
    One of my Primary tests when I do Kodi Hardware testing is high quality deinterlacing because I'm a mad keen OTA TV Aussie Rules Footy viewer and fan. Fast action sports viewing really shows up any deinterlacing problems straight away.

Yes the AMLogic S905X Mi Box has poor quality half motion deinterlacing, and also blocky mpeg2 OTA TV output when using Android TV Live Channels.
    Xiaomi have not setup the correct Firmware permissions to even allow Amcodec Hardware video decoding and deinterlacing - even when you use SPMC. (Kodi Jarvis)

All Android devices running Kodi Krypton and when using Krypton's TvHeadend PVR Addon have problems with deinterlacing.

The only 2 AMLogic devices I have found that deinterlace properly when using Android TV and Live channels combined with Tvheadend is @ricardopvz Android TV ROM on the Hub & Play2.

Ricardo modifies Firmware on these ATV ROM's so Live Channels uses high quality Amcodec Hardware deinterlacing.
    You can also use SPMC 16.7.1 that also still uses Amcodec Hardware deinterlacing.

Yes all AMLogic S9xx series device running LibreELEC Kodi Krypton have no issues with deinterlacing. You can dual boot to LE when using the ATV ROM's.

The 1GB RAM WeTek Hub is a bit slow when running Android TV, it really is a bit Memory constrained and has the occasional user interface lag. The 2GB RAM Play2 is a much better fit for Android TV - plus you can use the inbuilt TV Tuner as well if you buy with that option.

BTW: The Xiaomi Mi Box Bluetooth remote can also be paired with the ATV ROM's.
    Voice searching however is currently not working.

Thanks for the extensive reply, very much appreciated!

So for me it would make sense to buy a Play2, flash it with the custom ATV ROM and dual boot to LibreElec I guess. I assume I can make a menu item in ATV to start reboot as LibreElec and vice versa? Would the ATV ROM allow me to do proper Netflix HD? 4k is not so important to me, but 1080p would be nice ;). If that's not the case, the added value of ATV might not be so big compared to normal Android where more apps are available. I know I could sideload them, but tried that on the Mi Box, but several would not even start (for instance NPO from Dutch television)... Apart from that, and Air Mouse would be required... Don't know if ATV could work with an Air Mouse.

Btw, what is expectation for Kodi 18, would that maybe do better deinterlacing on Android or is it just Android related and we have to wait for that?

• cibergciberg Posts: 73WeTek Community Member
    @tinus82 With this ROM you have full Netflix features such as 4K and Dolby 5.1 sound.
    Having a bit of trouble after installing the latest update. If the system is left on but the TV is switched off (on a TV without CEC) the system goes back to the loading screen (4 moving dots) after being left for a while. The same thing happens if the system boots while the TV is turned off.

Any suggestions?
  • d_wed_we Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    Thanks ricardopvz. I will try this ROM very soon.

Keep up the good work
    Maybe someone could clarify this for me. If I would buy a Play2 and flash it to the ATV ROM, what would be the benefit of dual boot to Libreelec if I would install SPMC which does proper deinterlacing and other hardware decoding stuff? JUST the fact that I can run the latest Kodi?

If I can setup everything properly in one platform, that would of course be pretty nice ;).

Last question, and I'll shut up, is there absolutely no chance to have Google Cast working with this ROM? I like that feature on my Mi Box at this time...
    And here is a strange one for everyone...

Changed over from LibreELEC and fired up the Hub still running ATV ROM 2.1. ATV Netflix App autoupdated to v4.2.0 and it worked and played video without any problems whatsoever. ;)
  • FXB78FXB78 Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Today I've suddenly been getting a recurring "Unfortunately, Android TV has stopped" message every few minutes and it's annoying the hell out of me. I've even factory reset the box and still it persists. Any ideas anyone before I throw it out the window?
  • bruno60bruno60 Posts: 14WeTek Community Member
    null
    I have the same problem pointed out by CyberJacob. The hub apparently restarts, with the android logo animation, if the tv set is switched off or even if you switch tv input from hdmi to tv antenna. Sometime, after the boot, the hub goes through the very annoying "optimizing applications", symptom of something bad during shutdown or boot.

I have CEC disabled in android settings.
    Any idea how to stop this?
  • martijnmartijn Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    @wrxtasy thank you for the great work. I think the ATV is the best way forward. I wish Wetek would take up the glove..

On this latest release (2.3), netflix works great again (at least HD as far as I can test).

I am also running Emby for android Tv. Which ran fine in previous version except for the strange audio delay (about 2 seconds all the time). My setup is a basic TV connected by HDMI which is capable of AC3 streams (although it's speaker setup is stereo). On the new version it no longer plays the 5.1 audio streams directly (not audioable). No idea why. In this Emby client you have one option (downmix to stereo). When I enable this it works and also the audio delay issue is gone (so not a big issue at all for my setup).

Also out of interest, what is the core reason for chromecast to not work. Is this a license / signing issue?
    Google with Chromecasting, like Apple with Airplay keep a really tight leash on what Hardware platforms Chromecasting works on.

You need Chromecasting certificates that only come with properly licensed Android TV platforms.

Having said that Chromecasting/Googlecasting on licensed ATV devices is not that reliable and Google's actual Chromecasting hardware is superior.
  • vlavesvlaves Posts: 95WeTek Community Member
    vlaves said:

@ricardopvz Thanks for this great ROm, working great on my Hub.
    It is just not working in the ATV on screen keyboard :(
    The on screen keyboard comes up, but as soon as I select one letter or simply any button on it, the keyboard closes.
    Any hint what I can do to make it work?

Any chance to get this remote working on the ATV ROM, though I know it is not the original Xiaomi remote from Mi Box? @xrxtasy helped to get it running in Libreelec, maybe something similar can be done here in the ROM?

lorife said:

Hello,

Any ideas?

Hello,

just wanted to let you know that it looks like you fixed the problem in version 2.3
    Thank you!
    bruno60 said:

I have CEC disabled in android settings.

Couldn't seem to find that in there, where is it?
  • punditpundit Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Having major issues with this- not particularly tech savvy.

I downloaded 2.3 sept 4 version to a USB. When I try to install from zip it aborts installation with the following 2 errors:

E: footer is wrong
    E: signature verification failed.

Any advice??

Thanks
    edited September 2017
    You have what I like to call the Megadownload - "Inception" error. :D

That being a .zip within a .zip

Use the Standard Megadownload option only and then flash that .zip file
    I'm afraid you have lost me... I have a single rar file, no inception zips inside that I can tell. I put it on USB and tried opening through recovery. I need a more dumbed down tutorial please
    When downloading from MEGA Choose - Standard Download.

Do NOT unpack the .zip file. Flash the .zip in Recovery.

If coming from WeOS3.1 - after flashing - select Factory Reset too.
    Didn't unpack. Have only the 2.3 zip. No clear option for 'standard' download. Just right click on file, download.