WeTek Community Forum

[ROM] [Hub] [Marshmallow] Android TV v2.4.1

Comments

• AxelRoAxelRo Posts: 77WeTek Community Member
    Hi, I live in RO, but in playstore there is no Hbo Go available. Is there any settings to be done in WH Android to reveal this apk?
  • TheodorTheodor Posts: 126WeTek Community Member
    AxelRo said:

Hi, I live in RO, but in playstore there is no Hbo Go available. Is there any settings to be done in WH Android to reveal this apk?

Sideloading/download https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/home-box-office-inc/hbo-go-android-tv-android-tv/hbo-go-android-tv-android-tv-10-0-0-270-release/hbo-go-android-tv-android-tv-10-0-0-270-android-apk-download/
    Thanks, I will try!
    Not working, is for US. I'll wait for Aptoide TV to update the apk.
  • EagleEyeXEagleEyeX Posts: 84WeTek Community Member
    Can someone tell me how i install tvheadend on a android device? I use it on my hub at home for IPTV but. My dad has a non wetek media player (s905x) i would like to use tvheadend also for his device. Only need to know how to install and run it
  • ttblumttblum Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    I just donated and got an ARM version of mc2xml from the developer.

He said it was only compiled for linux, but I'm noticing it runs on Android TV as well.

However, I'm getting the following error when I run it:

99|root@wetekplay2:/tmp # ./mc2xml -T username:password
    Loading ..... : mc2xml (c) (v1.6)
    Reminder .... : Unauthorized redistribution prohibited.
    Donator ..... : Thank you for donating!
    PayPal ...... : Todd Blum
    PayPal ...... : P.O. Box 18286
    PayPal ...... : Cleveland, OH 44118
    PayPal ...... : United States
    Downloading . : schedulesdirect.org
    Error ....... : TCP 124362R 124356H

So close yet so far.

It would be nice to have a self contained Android TV DVR that can pull down listings from schedulesdirect. Do I need some kind of chroot environment to run this, or am I missing something simple here?
  • ttblumttblum Posts: 17WeTek Community Member
    Also, a big blue icon has appeared asking to upgrade to 2.4.1, but when I click on it says:

'Can't open this right now'
    A few days ago I have been trying CEC~ARC with Hub-TV-AV receiver but I decided not to use them anymore because Hub reboot it self continuosly. I have disable CEC-ARC to all devices, clear cache in recovery but my Hub still reboot it self after power off. With LE doesn't. Any advice? Thank you!
  • EagleEyeXEagleEyeX Posts: 84WeTek Community Member
    If you want to speed up the Hub in Android. Remove your LibreELEC sd card. Somehow it improves performance. Can the sd card be ignored if it has LibreELEC on it? I like the dual boot option but this is not perfect
  • B8350B8350 Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
    ttblum said:

Also, a big blue icon has appeared asking to upgrade to 2.4.1, but when I click on it says:

'Can't open this right now'

Pretty sure that's just a notification - you'll need to download the update and install manually. (That's what I had to do anyway)
  • rafmikrafmik Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
    Hi
    I've just update Wetek OS to ROM by Ricardo.

Which Netflix app I need to install? This one from Google Play (5.0.4) or this one form Aptoide TV Netflix fo Androdi TV (5.0.2 build 1945)?

Ricardo, is there a option for security patch update? ATV 2.4.1 has security patch from 1 AUG 2016 :(
    Go with Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Hi

After 2 weeks using Ricardo's ROM 2.4.1 i found two bugs:

1. Problem with auto refresh rate switching :(
    When I turn on Wetek HUB i have 1080p 60Hz - and it's ok for YT and Netflix, but when I'm using Kodi refresh rate is switching to 1080p 24Hz (and that good too) BUT when I finish using Kodi, and switch to Youtube or Netflix refresh rate is still 24Hz (i need manually switch it back to 60Hz in settings). On original Wetek Hub ROM everything works ok, when I start Kodi refresh rate change to 24Hz, and when I turn off Kodi refresh rate return automatically to 60Hz.

Any ideas what to do to have automated refresh rate switching?

2. Problems with the playback performance of some movies in Youtube app
    I have TV with FHD 1080p and 120Hz refresh rate screen
    95% percent of movies on YT works perfect in 1080p, but some movies have problems with the playback performance - the picture stutters or the sound breaks with the picture (sound is faster then video).
    For example i have performance problem on this movies:

Any ideas why there is performance problem? On original Wetek ROM everything was playing ok.
    Anyone any ideas?

Another YT movies with some problem:

• B8350B8350 Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
    @rafmik

I think it's an Android issue in general - not just Ricardo's ROM.
    B8350 said:

@rafmik

I think it's an Android issue in general - not just Ricardo's ROM.

On Wetek's HUB original ROM everything was ok.
  • GianniGianni Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    Thank you for this ROM image!
    I was thinking about to send back the Hub to Amazon... then I decided to do a last try and now the box works acceptable. The important thing is to perform a factory reset after rom install and then reinstall all the apps from Google Play Store instead Aptoide. Otherwise you'll have the same problems.
    Now Plex and Netflix seems to work pretty well. And also the interface usability is very good, no loss of focus or need of mouse emulation into the Apps. I hope not to find serios bugs during the use. ;)
  • ArzkArzk Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Thank you for your work, I have almost the same story as Gianni - would have already returned the Hub otherwise. Been using the rom without problems every night since the 2.4.1 update, works like a dream. However, I have some small convenience questions, as the Hub is only connected to my bedroom TV for Kodi and Netflix.

1) Is there a way to disable HDMI passthrough completely? Currently Netflix starts outputting everything by default as 5.1 passthrough, which bypasses Wetek volume control and shocks my neighbors at night. The real fault is in the Netflix end, as this should really be a setting in the app.

2) What is the CEC able to do? Currently the TV switches on when the Hub is started and Hub switches off when TV is powered off, but that's about it. Would it be possible to turn TV off with Wetek power butten, or is this just a limitation in my LG TV?
  • cornicstuffcornicstuff Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    edited March 2018
    hi guys,

thanks for this rom, my box is now very responsive versus the original form it came out of the box...

i got a few problems though for sure will be too easy for some people here.

let me just give you the details of my box to properly explained the problems im getting..

my box is originally a KATA BOX 2 with a worthless 5.1 firmware, too slow and annoying, with some online search was able to convert it to WETEK HUB 5.1 rom, and with a few more internet search and thanks to Ricardo for this great rom, now im able to upgrade to this magnificent rom WETEK HUB MM 6 rom.

everything is fast and fluid and im loving it except for these problems

1. my remote control (comes with the package) is no longer working, but KB & Mouse with Wifi dongle works... (it works with previous 5.1 rom)

i know my driver for the Wifi, Bluetooth and Remote is different from the actual Wetek Hub, with research I got a zip file of the installer for them.

but using the recovery from the rom does not allow me to install the zip file with error message, "intaller failed because it is for KATA BOX 2, not for WETEK HUB"

can anybody revise the zip file to make it work with my device, and other people who converted their box to this awesome, amazing rom...

2. Netflix is not working and opening, inspite having good internet connection.

thank you. more power! cheers!!!
  • VincentMVincentM Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    Hi!

Just flashed this rom, booted, then installed netflix (google play store) and always get error ui-800-3 (207003).during startup. Tryed both version available from aptoidTV but no luck.

Any idea?

Thanks
  • VincentMVincentM Posts: 6WeTek Community Member
    VincentM said:

Hi!

Just flashed this rom, booted, then installed netflix (google play store) and always get error ui-800-3 (207003).during startup. Tryed both version available from aptoidTV but no luck.

Any idea?

Thanks

- re performed a factory reset (even if clean)
    - Chosed (english) insted of french
    - Netflix now work

Thanks, great rom
  • fedayfeday Posts: 10WeTek Community Member
    Is there still a version of this rom for the core available? I would love to have functional Netflix without the need for the (air)mouse.
  • lorifelorife Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    Hello! Any news about a new version? Will there ever be? Thank you!
  • psanzpsanz Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    @feday +1 for this request, anyone have already installed on Core?

Regards!
  • bojasbojas Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Hi, how to connect the MI BOX remote control?
    Hi
    I have problem with my Hub today :(
    YouTube Stop working, when I play ANY video it's freezes after few second and I need to restart Hub :(

Any one with same problem?
  • chibrichishchibrichish Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Hi, can anyone tell me where in this ROM I turn off it broadcasting as a DLNA device? I can browse the folder structure on the device from VLC, which I do not want to be able to.
  • marcopexmarcopex Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    @rafmik

Yes, I've been having the same problem with YouTube in the last 10 days. Reverting to previous versions of the application does not help.

Is there any hope for a new ROM release that will fix this issue?
  • CharlieHDCharlieHD Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Does anyone else have hardware decoding issues in Kodi 17 or 18? It seems to be caused by Android's MediaCodec decoder. I am aware that Kodi dropped support for Amcodec, but I was not expecting MediaCodec to have such major decoding issues on compliant H.264 files.
  • Turlututu75Turlututu75 Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Hello, Android tv becomes unusable (slow and unstable) when an sdcard with libreelec is inserted. Is there a bug fix or a way to disable the sdcard ?