WeTek Community Forum

[ROM] [Hub] [Marshmallow] Android TV v2.4.1

Comments

• effegi111effegi111 Posts: 8WeTek Community Member
    edited November 2017
    No, only update!
  • TheodorTheodor Posts: 126WeTek Community Member
    Never mind , after watching a netflix movie yesterday for 2 hours 5.1 sound hdmi passtrough all ok.
    Today after 10 min sound gone,freezing picture the same troubels agian.
    Its a devils hub....
  • lorifelorife Posts: 20WeTek Community Member
    Hello,
    I would like to report some problems not present in the previous version.
    1. When you shut down it reboots
    2. Movies hevc 10 bit stutter a couple of times at the beginning and after that they work.
    3. Kodi cannot show an embedded subtitle. But they work on windows computer with vlc.
  • effegi111effegi111 Posts: 8WeTek Community Member
    edited November 2017
    By the way I’m selling the hub. Too much trouble, no support! I’ve found much better alternatives. Goodbye HUB!
    edited November 2017
    And the Netflix nw-6-404 error is back happy as ever.....waiting for kody 8 with netflix
  • MistikalMistikal Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    @Theodor me too

netflix nw-6-404 error
  • B8350B8350 Posts: 12WeTek Community Member
    Unfortunately, Netflix seems to be dead on this platform now - bummer, because that's why I bought it - and paid top dollar! The "workaround" is to use an old Android version - but if you had tried to train my wife to use an air mouse (and yes, I've got the Minix A2 Lite) you would see why I'm not happy :(
  • wrxtasywrxtasy Posts: 1,221WeTek Community Member
    edited November 2017
    I suggest deleting all Netflix App(s) people are already running.
    Then disable App Auto updates in Google Playstore settings.

And then using the Aptoide App Store install the v4.2.1 ATV Netflix App (white background):
    https://en.aptoide.com/
    https://netflix-inc-netflix.en.aptoide.com/?store_name=foosty666&app_id=32172112

Works on the Play2 that has the same Netflix problems. ;)
    Yep already done that,works fine now....
    @wrxtasy

Thanks! I tried this again just now, and all seems to be working fine. :)
  • nfqanfqa Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    stock application , wetv is so much butter , unlike live channel application - slow zapping , buffering and sometimes not opening , besides when using Censure , totally hang , i tried three different times to install the this atv rom , but unfortunately not as expected
    Netflix only works pcm stereo,if hdmi pastrough sound stops after 10 min and must do a hard reset.
    @Theodor

Working fine for me here, HDMI 5.1 is perfect through my Yamaha AVR.
    Kodi yes,netflix no.
    T
    B8350 said:

@Theodor

h
    B8350 said:

@Theodor

Nice for you,but there are more users with the same problem.
  • TaavioTaavio Posts: 15WeTek Community Member
    Netflix sound goes away after 10 minutes of use in combination of 5.1ch Denon AVR used. Tried both Aptoide and latest Google Play version of Netflix app, bu the same thing happened with audio. Also tried to switch Android TV audio output - both PCM and HDMI passthrough only provided 10 minutes of playback with sound. Any idea how to get this to work? I'd satisfy even with stereo sound...

Wetek Hub is brand new, tried WeOS at start, but frankly the normal Android feels like a hack to me and Netflix didn't work there either (error code suggests that the device is not in supported device list). I also cleared both cache and data prior and after flashing Android TV firmware. So the system is squeaky clean.
    It would be interesting to find out what's going on here, that's for sure. Unfortunately I lack the skills to get to the bottom of this issue.

I still get the occasional problem where I get a tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5) error, which is apparently a network speed problem, but my network speed is fine, according to the Netflix diagnostics (and my own tests). However, my audio always works well, even after I watch for a couple of hours (after that I go to sleep ;)

Maybe wrxtasy could figure it out, we live in hope!
    For me 5.1 is no go only pcm netflix works fine,no automatic updates from the playstore.
    Using v4.2.1 ATV Netflix App.
    Update to Netflix situation:
    1. setup. v.4.2.1 ATV Netflix starts and is able to produce HD video on normal PC FullHD monitor. No sound though in that setup, obviously. Playback freezes, from time to time. I have to check with Ethernat cable connected, maybe WiFi is the issue.
    2. setup. v.4.2.1 ATV Netflix starts and is able to produce HD video and 5.1ch sound about 10 minutes with the following setup and cable path: Wetek>Sony Bravia TV (FHD) via HDMI->Old old Denon AVR via Toslink from TV. I believe I did everything correctly, but switching from HDMI passthrough to PCM had no effect in regards of 10 minute rule.
    3. setup. v.4.2.1 ATV Netflix is able to start, even produce startup sound, show that UltraHD and 5.1ch is possible, but then freezes Wetek so bad, that I have to unplug it. Wetek->Denon x2300 AVR->LG UF7767 4K TV. All via correct HDCP 2.2 HDMI ports.

So, the more advanced the system, the more unreliable the Netflix is. Not usable, in short.

Also, I had to bring my RT-AC68U Wifi channels bit lower and play around with WPA2 settings, in order Wetek to be able even connect wirelessly (Wifi password not valid error message, weird....). Another Linksys Wifi AP and phone hotspot were possible to connect right away. Also, prior changing Asus router wifi settings, I tried to connect using Libreelec - that went without a problem, so I'd say that something is not right with wireless implementation in Android, as I had the same problem with stock WeOS firmware too.
  • TheXTheX Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Hello Ricardo,
    Could you please create the same rom for Play 2 device? Stock rom killed me every day :smiley:
    Sorry, i have found the rom. Thanks a lot for your work
  • AxelRoAxelRo Posts: 77WeTek Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Bad post !
  • MrJayMrJay Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    Hi,

I bought wetek play 2 for my android + cable TV watching about a month ago. I've had mixed experience so far... I replaced WetekOS after couple of days because apps were crashing alot.

Now I've been quite happy with your Android ROM except for the live TV. It have been having the following issues:
    - unexpected freezes after couple of hours of Live TV watching...
    - after device has been in sleep mode for a while live TV doesn't want to start anymore untill I hard reboot device...
    - random SPMC crashes (rarely but it happens)

I'm using SPMC for LiveTV since that one has proved to be most reliable compared to native android Live TV or regular Kodi 17.6.

What are the best ways to troubleshoot the problems?

Thanks!
    MrJay said:

Hi,

I bought wetek play 2 for my android + cable TV watching about a month ago. I've had mixed experience so far... I replaced WetekOS after couple of days because apps were crashing alot.

Now I've been quite happy with your Android ROM except for the live TV. It have been having the following issues:
    - unexpected freezes after couple of hours of Live TV watching...
    - after device has been in sleep mode for a while live TV doesn't want to start anymore untill I hard reboot device...
    - random SPMC crashes (rarely but it happens)

I'm using SPMC for LiveTV since that one has proved to be most reliable compared to native android Live TV or regular Kodi 17.6.

What are the best ways to troubleshoot the problems?

Thanks!

Wrong forum this the wetek hub and not the wetek play 2....
  • MrJayMrJay Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    @Theodor oops... sorry, reposting....
    TheX said:

Hello Ricardo,
    Could you please create the same rom for Play 2 device? Stock rom killed me every day :smiley:
    Sorry, i have found the rom. Thanks a lot for your work

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/30398/rom-play-2-marshmallow-android-tv-v2-4#latest
    @Taavio
    Taavio said:

Also, I had to bring my RT-AC68U Wifi channels bit lower and play around

Interesting, I'm also using an Asus AC68U - no problem with WiFi connecting, but I wonder if some incompatibility is giving me the Netflix tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5) error? Hmmm, I'll do some more checking (although it's been working fine for the last couple of days)
    Hard to say about that error, since Netflix does not work for me at all. Did you clear app cache just in case?
    The same router works fine with Mi Box, which has practically no problems running Netflix. I bought Wetek only because it supposedly has none of the auto refresh issues that Mi Box has with Kodi, but messing around with Netflix has not given me a chance to properly test this. My needs are YouTube, Netflix, Kodi.
    I've done all the usual things, even reverted to the 2.3 ROM as a test. The error doesn't occur very often, just infrequently.

The router works very well with a few other boxes, (Minix U1, TTV, WDTV) and it is also flawless with Libreelec and Kodi on the Hub.
  • nexiusnexius Posts: 82WeTek Community Member
    suddenly, after upgrade to V2.4, my netflix app give me a error NW-6-404 and UI-113 with NETFLIX version 5.0.2 build 1945

Please @ricardopvz , any advice wich one should I install and from google play or aptoide or any other APK?
  • frozfroz Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    @nexius

I suggest deleting all Netflix App(s) people are already running.
    Then disable App Auto updates in Google Playstore settings.

And then using the Aptoide App Store install the v4.2.1 ATV Netflix App (white background):
    https://en.aptoide.com/
    https://netflix-inc-netflix.en.aptoide.com/?store_name=foosty666&app_id=32172112

thanks to @wrxtasy