WeTek Community Forum

LibreELEC 8.x for WeTek Hub

codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
edited May 2017 in LibreELEC (Hub)

Comments

• codesnakecodesnake Posts: 744WeTek Community Member, Developers
    New build of LibreELEC for WeTek Hub - 8.0.1.cs1.

What's new in this build:
    * Based on official 8.0.1 release + updates.
    * Includes media_build drivers. media_build allows to use the latest media drivers (including DVB) on your system.

For download links see the first post in this thread.
  • aurenauren Posts: 125WeTek Community Member
    @codesnake Does this also have OTA update like the LibreElec image found on the LibreElec site?
    @auren You need to update manually using the provided TAR file.
    New build of LibreELEC for WeTek Hub - 8.0.1.cs2.

What's new in this build:
    * Fix bookmark thumbnails creation when playing a video with amcodec.

For download links see the first post in this thread.
  • aurenauren Posts: 125WeTek Community Member
    @codesnake Ok. Thanks!
  • g10chyg10chy Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    Running 8.0.2 from sdcard but it appears the auto resolution switching is not working.
    I have the GUI set to 2160p and Adjust display refresh rate set to Always. However, when I play a 1080p video only the refresh rate is switching and the resolution is not. Any ideas, is this still a bug?
    @g10chy It is by design.
  • g10chyg10chy Posts: 2WeTek Community Member
    @codesnake I thought the advantage of running LibreElec vs Android was that it was able to switch resolutions automatically?
  • kszaqkszaq Posts: 44WeTek Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Kodi by design doesn't switch to lower resolutions. On all platforms.
    @g10chy When you play a 1080p video in 1080p mode on a 4K TV it is anyway gets upscaled to the TV's max resolution. For Kodi is more important to switch to correct refresh rate.
  • jpasconejpascone Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    Hi, there is a link off the download page for the latest version of LibreElec for the hub but it does not work.. Appears to be 8.0.2 Is this the latest? If so can somebody please provide me a valid link?

Thank you.

http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-8.0.2.img.gz
    Hi, I installed 8.0.2.1. I was able to connect fine and configure on my wifi at home however I was configuring for my dad as a gift. I can not connect to his wifi to save my life. I receive the error message "network error - invalid arguments" Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    jpascone said:

Hi, I installed 8.0.2.1. I was able to connect fine and configure on my wifi at home however I was configuring for my dad as a gift. I can not connect to his wifi to save my life. I receive the error message "network error - invalid arguments" Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Does anybody have an answer for this or know where I can go to look for help? I am at a loss.

Thanks!

• ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    edited September 2017
    @jpascone Update libreelec to the last version, 8.1.1 which i believe that includes the fix for wifi drivers on the hub.

maybe @codesnake can be more certain about this.

Best Regards

Thrall said:

@jpascone Update libreelec to the last version, 8.1.1 which i believe that includes the fix for wifi drivers on the hub.

maybe @codesnake can be more certain about this.

Best Regards

8.1.1 is still in Beta but I am willing to try it if it fixes the problem and doesn't open up a can of worms.
    @jpascone It would be greatly appreciated if you can provide log files taken right after the problem happens (you can access log files using the Logfiles shared folder on the box).
  • AnDasAnDas Posts: 7WeTek Community Member
    jpascone said:

Thanks!

Is your father’s wifi password long and complexed?
    A friend of mine had the same error with you, a couple of years ago, with Wetek openelec play.
    He had a long password and slow fingers, so by the time he was trying to put it in, the whole session was timing out and returned the same error.
    But that was with openlec and Play...
    Try to put the password fast enough or change the password to a shorter one and give it a try…
    The IR remote doesn't work for any of the 8.1.x BETA builds, I guess that's why they are BETA :) Does anyone have a BT replacement they can recommend for the hub I can get on Amazon?
  • CharlieHDCharlieHD Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    Dear codesnake,

Thank you very much for providing LibreELEC on the WeTek Hub.

I bought a couple Hub's a year ago and it they have always performed rather disappointing due to various issues. Now with recent updates to the OS and Kodi, they had become rather expensive bricks due to unsolvable decoding issues.

Running LibreELEC was a last resort before dumping them on eBay and I am happy to say that LibreELEC has solved all decoding issues for me. It is simply awesome to be able to start a movie again without it crapping out numerous times.

So thanks again!