WeTek Community Forum

Android tv apps and google play store

edu84edu84 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
My problem is that in my wetek core the google play app is the tablet version, and that I know should be that of android tv like the ones that take the tvs sony,
With netflix the same thing happens to me, the version is of tablet that is much worse than that of android tv.
This is so?
Can anything be done?

Comments

• NedScottNedScott Posts: 1,123WeTek Community Member
    Google Play itself has to be that way to work correctly. As far as I know, the TV version of the Play Store cannot be seperated out and is too embedded with the firmware (I'm not 100% sure on that, though). Using that "normal" version of the Play Store might also be a requirement from Google regarding certain things.

What I do is I just install things from my tablet or phone web browser. When I go to http://play.google.com with the same account, I can tell it to install remotely onto one of my WeTek boxes. I also do this because I have a long Google password, and I don't like leaving purchases enabled without password. So I do this even on my Android TV devices.

The TV-version of Netflix can be downloaded from Aptoied.

former WeTek Support team member, now just a friendly volunteer.
  • edu84edu84 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    But if the system is android tv, why the store isnt android tv version?
    Is tablet version....
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    Our system is not androidTV.

Is based on mobile. So the Play store is behaving as it should.

You dan use AptoideTV already installed with new update, to install AndroidTV mods.

Best Regards

• edu84edu84 Posts: 3WeTek Community Member
    netflix of aptoidetv dont work, i used the app of this post:
    http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/27564/android-tv-app-mods-leanback-and-fireos-remote-friendly-apps-modified-to-work-on-regular-android
    Its not android tv?, why i see the interface like android tv?
  • DandroidDandroid Posts: 630WeTek Community Member
    Android tablet is compatible with more apps :)

Clear all data and cache, uninstall, and then try again. Netflix is very picky about files being left over from other versions.

I got both working versions working on wp2
  • stijnstijn Posts: 9WeTek Community Member
    edu84 said:

netflix of aptoidetv dont work

I've been using it a couple of days without any problems? It's version 4.something if I remember correctly. Try what Dandroid says!

• hpprinter001hpprinter001 Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    netflix is not working. what to do?
    https://notresponding.net/hp-printer-not-working/
  • ThrallThrall Posts: 3,321WeTek Support Team
    Which Version of Netflix are you using?

To Download Netflix, please go to AptoideTV » Applications » Multimedia » Netflix 5.3.1

Please note, that you need to download this version, that you can find in the path above.

Best Regards,

• androidbetaandroidbeta Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    Go to install google play store
  • xaviajadexaviajade Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    You can search them on TutuApp 3.4.1 Android by TutuAppPlus. An application that supports downloading games, apps for Android, IOS.
  • john009john009 Posts: 1WeTek Community Member
    you can download moded version of Netflix from tutuapp just download tutuapp and search for mod of Netflix and watch Netflix for free
    regards
    tutu helper
  • raven001raven001 Posts: 4WeTek Community Member
    you can download mod apk of Netflix from moddroid .com you don't have to purchase any subscriptions its free of cost
    regards
    Techninjapro