WeTek Community Forum

Story (with happy ending) of the lost & found HUB

TimoJTimoJ Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
edited October 2016 in International Support
Hi,

I love WETEK products, first owned CORE and when HUB came out ordered it immediately.
(And when PLAY 2S comes out will order that too)

Now why am I whining and moaning this story here? Have to vent out and share to others how all can go wrong :)

Got my HUB, loved it, but pretty soon noticed it had Ethernet problem. (Slow)

Luckily I still could use it via WIFI (not optimal, but still worked ok) but opened support ticket. All went really fast (Sending some technical details and screenshots), in two days got confirmation that my HUB will be replaced.

Then did not hear anything, on the fourth working day after above confirmation was received I sent question about what is happening. Got pretty fast reply back: DHL pickup ordered for next day.
Unfortunately I was not home next day (Friday) so arranged with DHL for pickup next Monday.

DHL picked it on Monday, it arrived to WETEK Tuesday. On Thursday (After hearing nothing) I asked support again what is happening and got in couple of hours email from DHL that shipment is leaving same day to me.

Next day got information from DHL that package is arriving (Friday) and will be delivered to my home after working day.

Was waiting eagerly.... Nothing from DHL. Of course can not call anymore until next Monday.
So called Monday to them, they could not tell me why it was not delivered, but promised to deliver it Tuesday.

Nothing came on Tuesday. Called DHL Wednesday and now they noticed that the package never arrived to Finland. They started investigation and came back to me with info that my package in in Chile :)

As I did not hear anything from DHL, next Monday contact WETEK support and they checked with DHL and responded the same: Package will be rerouted to me from Chile.

That was last week Monday, everyday DHL updates: 'SHIPMENT ON HOLD' location Chile.

I know it is not WETEK who is to blame for the shipment being in Chile, but in the end the result is that this is now 4th week without HUB. And I was just trying to get the faulty one replaced.

As there are no indications when it would be arriving, I think faster choice for me would be to buy new one from WETEK :) (Unless DHL sends that one to Chile too)

Best regards from Finland!

(Ticket number 14375)

Timo

Comments

• MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    Hi

That's a sad story but like you said
    WeTek can't do anything since we don't own DHL or have some control about it

But I'll try to check this myself
    Best regards

• TimoJTimoJ Posts: 5WeTek Community Member
    Hi MasteChief117,

totally true, but as a customer I see other options you could have done just to make my waiting time (and time spent calling and emailing about this) much less: Tell DHL to return the HUB from Chile to you, and send another one to me.

Maybe that is against your processes, but of course I'm watching (and writing) this as not very satisfied customer unfortunately.
    (For sure you can not change it that DHL made the problem much bigger for me, but I still just feel four weeks (soon) is a bit long time. And maybe it will never arrive? Who know's as there is no info when it might even arrive :)

Best regards,

Timo
  • AnimaAnima Posts: 1,988WeTek Support Team
    Hello

After talking with the colleague responsible for the shipping of the product.
    He told me that sending you a new one, and return the one already in transit to us is no longer valid.
    This is due to the fact it is already in motion from Chile to your address, and cannot be canceled.

We're very sorry for this situation, and will for sure inquiry the courier company on what went wrong.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards

Hi Anima,

thanks for the first actualupdate. Any detailed info when it would be arriving?
    (All previous updates from DHL/WETEK have always stated: 'We will get it to you ASAP' - for two and a half weeks now...)

And just FYI: DHL shipment tracking changed yesterday to this: 'Returned to shipper'

Best regards,

Timo
    Hi,

I assume that even DHL can't give any details to you? (I'm out of luck as I'm just the consignee, you as shipper/payer have more power to demand the details from them)

Just worries me that the status is now 'Returned to shipper' which contradicts information Anima was giving me. (That it would be on the way to me)

I would just like somebody to tell me when to expect it? (Again I could just buy another one from you and get it faster and then ask for refund for this missing one if/when it someday arrives to me or you)

Or can you give me estimation how long should I keep waiting? one more month? :)

Best regards,

Timo
  • MC117MC117 Posts: 3,707Administrator - WeTek Community Manager
    edited October 2016
    Yesterday it was a holiday in our Country, so @Anima didn't have any chance to check again.
    Today he will check it with DHL about this

Best regards

Hello @TimoJ

After contacting DHL they told me the item is indeed in transit to you.
    I really i'm at loss why they would change the tracking numbers to give you wrong information.

Still, i will contact you personally by e-mail with new tracking number info.

Once again, our deepest apologies for all the trouble and delay.
    And thank you for all your patience.

Best regards

Hi @Anima ,

HUB arrived yesterday evening, thank you very much! :)

Best regards,

Timo
    Hello

Very glad this situation is over.
    Thank you again for all the patience, Enjoy your WeTek.

Best regards